“Most things I do end up being the hard way.” – Roman Fraulini
My guest for this episode is my good friend Roman Fraulini. He’s a Director of IT but don’t worry – we don’t spend any time talking about his day job. Instead we talk about his life experiences outside of IT.
- growing up in a REALLY small Northern Minnesota town
- joining the Air Force
- how the Air Force influences his management style and his personal life
- what it’s like to be a father having grown up without a father
- and his Italian citizenship
For me Roman is part Andrew Zimmern, part Glengarry Glen Ross, part Zagat’s travel guide, part Cliff Clavin , and part Bear Grylls. But my favorite thing about Roman is that he will always play along with any absurd conversation that I start. He’ll join in without missing a beat, and he is never the first to break character and start laughing, no matter how absurd it gets. You get a small glimpse of that in the very beginning of the show when I ask him about where he’s from.
My co-host for this episode is Norris Stenson, a great friend I’ve known for almost 30 years. If I’m going to a party and I know Norris is going to be there, he’s the guy that I’m looking forward to seeing most because he’s a great conversationalist and always adds good humor to any situation.
If you only have 5 minutes go minute mark 43 to hear Roman’s story about the German maid.
As always, the podcast has bonus material at the very end including extra lightning round questions, and some funny pre-show conversations that are not in the video.
PS. If you get a chance, leave some feedback in the comments below.
Listen to Episode #5: Roman Fraulini and Norris Stenson – “There’s no crying in business” | The Extraordinary Friends Show
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Listen on Stitcher
- Or by searching for “The Extraordinary Friends Show” in your favorite podcasting app
- Stream the episode by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”